The lead human resources specialist is responsible for day to day recruitment of program personnel, facilitation of the new hire process, and assisting with staff training.
Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to work effectively with diverse range of individuals, including those of all ethnic, racial, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Also needed are proof of a good driving record and a valid driver’s license.
Education and Experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties
1. Effectively facilitate the recruitment process, including advertising of vacancies, attending job fairs, conducting interviews, maintaining university and community contacts, screening and routing applications, conduct necessary follow up with potential applicants and hiring supervisors.
2. Ensure that new hires are added to the HR/Payroll system, and process new hires, prepare personnel files, collect and maintain training certificates, and maintain Child Care Licensing requirements.
3. Effectively organize new hire orientation/pre-service training and facilitate implementation of that process, including any additional training required by Child Care Licensing
4. Effectively manage the onboarding process for new hires.
5. Maintain a system for regular checks of criminal background information, driving records, and certifications (CPR, First Aid, Water Safety, and director credential)
6. Organize and maintain a library of professionally recorded trainings to meet the routine monthly needs of the program
7. Maintain a library of staff evaluation documents and update annually with any new requirements
8. Manage the orientation and assignment of volunteers
9. Serve as a back-up trainer for new hire pre-service training
10. Serve as back up payroll processor
11. Coordinate training for conference days, including venues, equipment, and snacks
12. Develop and present training for the business office employees and supplemental training for all center employees
13. Develop and provide professional training for directors, in order to meet annual Child Care Licensing requirements
14. Produce complete, timely, and accurate personnel reports and related documentation
15. Provide support to the HR Assistant and the Center Trainer
16. Assist in preparation and administration of annual budget and periodic re-forecasts
17. Maximize utilization of software to simplify processes and produce efficiencies
18. Ensure that all HR staff supervised properly maintain and retain departmental records
19. Adhere to Extend-A-Care’s policies and ensure staff compliance with same
20. Perform other duties as assigned
Supervise Human Resources Assistant and Center Trainer.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Ability to read and record information, communicate effectively (verbally and in writing), maintain emotional control under stress, regular walking, sitting, filing. Must be able to routinely lift 10 lbs., and occasionally lift 40 lbs. Driving of an organization vehicle will occasionally be required.